Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Trip Itinerary

For those of you who would be interested in following my trip progress, here's my trip itinerary! Each location is numbered in order of when I'll be there, and below is an explanation of what I'll be doing at each place.



1. Guatemala City, Guatemala
    Day 1 I'm flying into Guatemala City, and catching a flight out to location 2 on the same day.


2. San Andres, Guatemala
    Days 2-7 will be spent setting up and running medical clinics in San Andres and two other local villages. Expected temperatures hover around 100 degrees Farenheit, and humidity is usually well above 90% each day. Day 8 the medical team will be headed home with a 24-hour layover in Guatemala City (chillin' time!).  From here I'll be on my own, and headed to location number 3 by bus (which will be my primary means of transportation until I leave for home).


3. Texistepeque, El Salvador
    Day 9 I'll be heading towards Tegucigalpa, Honduras, and stopping overnight in Texistepeque to visit with a good friend of mine who is currently serving as an intern with a Brethren in Christ ministry.  Can't wait to learn about what they're doing there in El Salvador!


4. Tegucigalpa, Honduras
    Day 10 I'll be arriving in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, where I'll be meeting with the Honduras leaders of a missions internship program called STEP.  I'll be spending several days here working with the current STEP team (which is quite a cool team, btw), and getting to know the missionaries, Barry and Kimberly Horst.  Note: Starting in September, I'm planning to be with STEP as an intern, so this will be an opportunity for me to meet the awesome folks I'll be working with, as well as check out the setting I'll be living in.


5. La Ceiba, Honduras
   Days 15-18 will be spent working with my epic friends on the YES team and learning about opportunities to serve in that community.  This particular ministry is targeting the children who live in dump--that's right!--These children and their families live in and around a dump where their livelihood is made in recycling trash from nearby tourist attractions.


6. San Pedro Sula, Honduras
   Day 19 I'll be headed back home again, and probably bawling my eyes dry.  No, just kidding.. I'm sure I will be glad to be going home to see my family and friends, but I'm also sure I'd be glad to stay!  The reason I'm traveling all the way to San Pedro Sula instead of flying out of La Ceiba is purely because I was able to book a flight for $150 cheaper from SPS--worth the extra 3-hour bus ride if you ask me!


So all in all, this trip is going to be an entirely awesome chance for me to serve God and His needy children! I'll be getting my hands dirty and learning about several different ways to minister to the poor in Central America, as well as getting a brief introduction to the different cultures that I'll be passing through.  I'm thrilled to be going, and praising God that He's ironed out the financial details through the generous support of His Church.  Please join me in prayer for His continued blessing on this trip!  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment